Monday, January 21, 2008

First Timer

Hello everyone. This is my first time doing this and I'm stepping out of my comfort zone so everyone please be patient with me. I previously attended NMSU but that was so long ago I can hardly remember. I recently made a decision to take advantage of a tuition re-imbursment program that they have at my work. Going back to school after so many years stirs up a lot of different emotions, it's both very exciting and nerve racking. I had forgot what it meant to have homework. A lot things have changed since I first attended NMSU in 1991, mainly the use of the internet. Yes the internet did exsist in 1991 but believe it or not it was not used as much as it is now, especially by the professors, and at that time many students still got by without inter-net access. I don't think it would be possible today and most of you would more than likely agree with me.

With that being said I am looking forward to expanding my horizons by furthering my education. I can't wait to see what new doors will open for me as a result of going back to school. I know that it will not all be smooth sailing, experience has taught me that there are always bumps in the road ahead but I've learned to overcome obstacles that may get in the way of my goals. I have a good support network of family, friends, and co-workers which I hope are going to help get through the bad times. I wish all my fellow students the best of luck.

4 comments:

Cristina Devereaux Ramírez, Ph.D said...

I wish you the best of luck Agustin! It takes guts to go back to school. I should know. ¡Si se puede! Ms.Ramirez

Everett in Texas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Everett in Texas said...

Hey There Agustin, Thanks for your Comment. I can't say I've been in your shoes in regards to returning to college, but as an advocate of roads less traveled, I can tell you the road feels less bumpy when you got friends that accompany you along the way! If you need help with your internet research, I'm a friend you can ask!

(sorry I misspelled your name heh)

See you in Class!
DJ

mcalvillo said...

Well first timer, welcome to the club. I have not been out as long as you, but I feel like I forgot to read and write. I hope this experience is much more than you expect. Good luck.